Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hot German Potato Salad

Yummy, this is a recipe that I had misplaced for a long time and recently while trying to find something else I ran across it. I love this one and it is designed for 2 servings although it is super easy to adjust to however many servings you need at the moment.

Last night I made this for my daughter and I for dinner and she liked it so much she is making it for her boyfriend tomorrow night for Valentine's Day!


Hot German Potato Salad

2 medium potatoes
2 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
4 green onions, sliced
1 Tablespoon flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon celery salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/3 cup water
3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar

Cook your potatoes, I use my microwave to bake them (a really easy and fast way to handle them). When they have cooked peel and halve them lengthwise then slice.  Meanwhile cook your bacon until crisp. Remove the cooked bacon to a paper towel to drain and add the onions to the bacon fat in the skillet to cook until lightly browned and tender. Add the flour, sugar, celery salt and pepper and stir until bubbly. Stir in the water and vinegar and heat to a boil (stirring constantly) and boil 1 minute to thicken. Add the sliced potatoes and the bacon to the pan, stir gently to coat and heat through.
Serve warm.
Serves 2


Now all you have to do to change the number of servings is just multiply or divide your ingredients. For each serving you need one potato, one slice of bacon 2 green onions, etc.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment