Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pumpkin soup

I first made this vegan friendly soup a couple of years ago for Christmas Dinner as a first course. I had decided to try it simply because the mix of ingredients were all ones we loved and I felt it would be a wonderful beginning to the big meal. It was so good I shared the recipe to with some friends who also loved it. Some of the people I shared it with have family members that can't do milk and this filled that craving for a creamy rich soup that tasted (and has the mouth feel) of cream but without the dairy products.

I know you will love this as soon as you try it.

Pumpkin-Bean Soup

1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 (15 oz) can white beans (canellini, white kidney, navy, etc), rinsed and drained
1 (14 oz) can vegetable broth
1 (14 oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
1 teaspoon dried leaf sage, crushed
1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
dash of hot sauce
salt (to taste)
fresh ground pepper (to taste)
lime wedges (one per person)

combine everything except the lime wedges in a medium sauce pan, Heat through over medium heat.

Serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze into the soup at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment