Saturday, February 12, 2011

Asparagus Time

I always love it when the produce department starts to have wonderful, tender thin asparagus! I have to admit that when I was a child I hated asparagus with a deep passion, but that was because my mom cooked it to death and then a little more. Now that I am in charge I love asparagus and in fact we have had it on the table twice just this week. This early in the season I love it cooked and served as simple as possible. Later when it is old news is time to add sauces and other flavors. Right now is time to celebrate simplicity. Since it is still a little chilly outside to fire up the grill I choose to oven roast this week and that is what I will be sharing today.

Oven Roasted Asparagus

Fresh tender asparagus
Extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper

Heat oven to 450 degrees.
Snap off the tough ends of your asparagus and rinse under running water.
Spread asparagus on a baking  sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.

Roast for 8 to 10 minutes and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment