Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Deviled Ham Sandwich

Okay, for me a simple can of deviled ham is like a time machine. When the lid is popped and that aroma hits the air my mind goes back to elementary school. I guess a lot of us must have carried deviled ham sandwiches because my travels there in an instant.

This little sandwich is another that you can make ahead and stock the freezer with. I love to take them with me when I have a busy day. If I don't grab something in the morning I have a really bad habit of skipping lunch if I get busy. If I have one of this luscious little sandwiches with me I can eat on the run.

The peppers, cream cheese and hot sauce blend so nicely with the deviled ham and bring both flavor and texture interest to what can otherwise be a rather boring sandwich filler.

Remember these will only keep in the freezer for about a month but I never have any trouble eating them up way before that time period is over. 

 

Deviled Ham Sandwiches

1 (4 ½ oz) can deviled ham
1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
2 Tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
Dash of hot sauce (however much you like)
6 slices sandwich bread

In a small bowl combine the deviled ham and cream cheese and mix thoroughly. Add the chopped peppers and hot sauce and combine well.

Spread onto three of the bread slices, top with the other 3 slices. Wrap sandwiches individually and label.

Freeze up to 1 month

On the day you want to serve the sandwich place one frozen sandwich in lunch bag to thaw at room temperature (allow 4 to 6 hours) or thaw overnight in fridge and carry in an insulated bag or refrigerate until lunch.

Makes 3 sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment