Monday, August 6, 2012

Breakfast in a Muffin Tin


I remember making this recipe for the first time way back when I was in high school. My dad loved corned beef and eggs and was so pleased with this dish. It became one of his favorite breakfasts while I still lived at home. Because of that I was thinking about my dad a lot when I made this recently.

The ingredients you need for this dish are all things that I normally have on hand all the time so it is easy to pull together.

All of my muffin tins are the 6 cup variety so I use two tins for this making the muffins in one and the eggs and hash in the other. I like this better than one tin anyway because this way I can make sure both the muffins and the eggs are cooked the way I want them. Also I make sure to put the muffin tin that the eggs and hash will be in on a rimmed baking sheet. The eggs almost always run over a bit and this saves my from having to clean the oven.






Breakfast in a Muffin Tin

1 (15 oz) can corned beef hash
6 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1 (8 ½ oz) box of corn muffin mix (the size that makes 6 muffins)
ingredients called for on the box of mix

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit

Thoroughly grease two 6 cup muffin pans (or one 12 cup muffin pan)

Divide the corned beef hash into six of the muffin cups and press into the bottom and up the sides of the cups. You are forming a shell for your eggs to cook in. It does help if you use the bottom of a drinking glass to help push the hash down to help pack it.

Break an egg into each of the hash cups you just formed and sprinkle the tops with salt and pepper.

Prepare the muffin mix as directed on the box and pour the batter into the rest of the muffin cups.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the muffins are done and the eggs are cooked to desired done-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment