Monday, September 10, 2012

Peanut Butter Pasta

If you ask my youngest son what his very favorite meal is he will tell you he actually has three very favorite meals. One of them is Peanut Butte Pasta which I suspect is actually his favorite because he requests it the most. I think he loves it because he loves peanut butter. I love it because it is so quick and easy to make. It really takes more time to cook the pasta than to make the sauce. How is that for a quick meal.

I usually serve this sauce over something like a a ziti or corkscrew pasta, I love how those shapes hold onto the sauce. It is equally good with a long noodle shape or a spaghetti. I do try to serve this (and most of my pasta recipes) with whole wheat pasta but again it goes with everything.








Peanut Butter Pasta

2/3 cup apple juice (I have also used chicken broth and it works well too)
½ cup peanut butter (creamy is best but crunchy will be fine, use what you have on hand)
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
Tabasco sauce to taste (start with a tiny bit and work up to what you like)
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
chopped peanuts to garnish


Combine juice, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, and Tabasco in a small saucepan and stir together. Heat over medium heat stirring frequently until mixture melts and becomes smooth.

Stir in cilantro.

Toss with hot pasta and garnish with chopped peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment