Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cranberry Sauce

Like most of my recipes this one is very adaptable to what your family loves and what is on hand when you make it.



I actually buy a bunch of bags of cranberries each winter and throw them in the freezer so we can enjoy this sauce year round. We really love it on sandwiches of all kinds and on the side with all kinds of poultry too. It also can be made into a wonderful barbecue sauce in the summer, I'll try to remember to post that when the time comes.



In the demo I used orange juice and diced apples. The main reason I used those is because that was what I had on hand. This sauce is so good with almost any fruit juice and fruit that you have or is in season. In the summer we love it with fresh mangoes to give it a tropical feel (usually I look for one of the tropical juice blends to use in that version) so use what you love and use my recipe as your road map.



The amaretto is totally optional too, if you don't like it or don't have it leave it out. We really do love the subtle flavor it adds though. 

 





Find the video here



Basic Cranberry Sauce

In a 3 qt saucepan bring

1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup amaretto

to a boil over medium-high heat stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar

when mixture boils add package cranberries (12 oz)
1 apple, diced (about 1 cup)

cook uncovered until skins pop

Reduce heat medium and cook for about 10 minutes or until thickened.

Cover and refrigerate

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking around for articles similar to this but never found one that actually was valuable such as this. Glad I found this place

    menorca alquiler de coches

    ReplyDelete